Thursday, April 1, 2010

Tears of Joy..:)


While eating dinner tonight, I was telling my husband that our 5yr old needs a hair cut. When all of a sudden he turns to me and says "I like my hair its cool". And I just stared at him in awe and I started to cry... Remembering that just 3 years ago we sat in a doctors office being told that our son had seizures and autism. Autism was the word that stuck out and hit me like a car going hundred miles an hour and lost control and just struck me. I remember asking her if he would ever say he loves me, or even call me mama. Not only that he did not even want anyone to touch him. How can a mother not touch their own baby. But, if you have notice yet failure is not an option for me. So I jumped on that high speed train and road to where we are today with him. William is a lovable 5 year old who talks from 8am to 9pm and plays with other children as shown growth in all his therapies and school. So as I was sitting eating dinner hearing him say that he loves his hair because its cool I thought that if you would have asked me 3years ago if I would be hear with him I would have told yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment